Pages

Monday, June 22, 2015

Narwhals for Fathers Day?

Yes, if you have a husband that will sing or hum the Narwhal song!  (You can the Narwhal Song on YouTube).  The Lawn Fawn 'Critters in the Arctic' has the cutest Narwhal, which is what I used.



I used the following to make this card:

  • Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass, Broken China, Salty Ocean, Chipped Sapphire
  • Simon Says Stamp - Wave Stencil, Stitched Rectangles Die
  • Lawn Fawn - Critters in  the Arctic, Stitched Hillside Borders
  • Copic - C1, C3, C5, C6, YR14
  • Memento - Tuxedo Black Ink
  • Versamark
  • Ranger - Blue Ribbon Dye Ink
  • Stampendous - Detailed White Embossing Powder


To make the card, I first used the Wave Stencil and Distress Ink, on white card stock.  I started with the darkest color and slowly moved to the lighter colors.  I would occasionally move the stencil around, to get a more realistic looking waves.  I then added the lightest color to the remaining white areas.  I then used one of the Stitched Rectangles dies to cut the 'waves' into a rectangle.  The rectangles was then cut using the Stitched Hillside Borders dies, to get an even more wavy looking background.

The Narwhals were stamped using Memento Tuxedo Black, and then colored with the Copic Markers.  These were then cut by hand.  I then placed them between and over the "Waves".  I used the water droplet stamp that is part of the set to add the water splashes.  The entire image was added to the card base.

The sentiment was stamped with Versamark.  The Detailed White Embossing powder was added and then heat set.

No comments:

Post a Comment