Pages

Monday, August 22, 2016

More glitter and lace cards

Recently my granddaughter was visiting.  She mentioned that she was not that creative (but she is, she's a dancer) and didn't think she could make a card.  So I thought of the technique I used recently to make a card with glitter.  Its a easy technique,  I made a card with her, showing each of the steps. I Here are the cards we made:

My card:


Granddaughters card (I really like how she offset the square and the text):


We used the following to make the cards:
My card:
  • Glitter Ritz - Merlot and Silver
  • Stampendous Detail Silver Embossing Powder
  • Spellbinders Circle Dies
  • Lace
  • Sookwang Tape
  • Words for Sayings stamp set

Granddaughters card:
  • Glitter Ritz - Java Bean
  • The Stamp Doctor - Copper Glitter
  • Stampendous Rose Gold Embossing Powder
  • Spellbinders Square Dies
  • Sookwang Tape
  • Greenhouse Society Anemones Stamp Set

To make the card, we covered a 4.25 x 5.5 piece of white card stock with the double sided tape.  After peeling off the release sheet, lace was added on top and carefully pressed down onto the tape.  The glitter was added and burnished in.  The lace removed and the other glitter added and burnished in. We then cut an opening from the glittered card stock, and added the glittered card stock to the front of a top fold card base.  The sentiment was stamped inside the opening with Versamark and the  Embossing powder added and heat set to complete the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment