Pages

Monday, March 18, 2019

Using an alcohol ink background for a birhday card

I've made several alcohol ink backgrounds, and I haven't liked all of them.  Of course I couldn't throw them out, and recently I've been trying to use these backgrounds somehow in my cards.  I've found that die cutting the background is one way that I can use the backgrounds that I don't like.  I did that for this card:


I wished I had taken a picture of the background I wasn't happy with, before I cut the candles from it!

I used the following for this card:

  • An alcohol ink background that I didn't like
  • Elizabeth Craft Designs Candles Dies
  • MFT Delicious Birthday Stamp Set
  • Versafine
  • Stampendous Detail Gold Embossing Powder
  • Gold Paper
To make the card, I cut the detail portion of candles from the alcohol ink background.  The backs for the candles were cut from gold paper.  These were then added to a white card base.  The sentiment was stamped using versamark, gold embossing powder added and heat set.  The panel was then matted with gold paper (same paper as the backs of the candles).  This was then added to the card base to complete the card. 



No comments:

Post a Comment