Pages

Monday, February 12, 2024

Thank you card

For this card, I tried another of the Bokeh techniques that Gina K had recently demonstrated in one of her videos.  I didn't get the expected look, but I liked the end result!  Here is the card made with this background:


I used the following for the card:

  • Gina K Designs - Big Thanks stamp set
  • Gina K Designs - Fizzy Stencil
  • Gina K Designs - Lucky Clover, Turquoise Sea, Wild Wisteria, Black Onyx inks
  • Gina K Designs - Master Layouts 2
  • Gina K Designs - Thanks and Shadow dies
To make the card, a piece of white paper was cut using the stitched rectangle from Master Layouts 2. A teal mat was also cut using the larger rectangle.  The stencil was inked with the various inks and then lightly misted.  The white cardstock was then added. This is the step where I didn't get the expected look. So, after the paper dried, I used the same stencil and inks and added some additional circles.  It was looking better!  I then lightly added some additional color using blending brushes.  The end result looked great!  I was glad I didn't give up on it early on.  I added the panel to the mat, and the entire piece to the card base.  I cut the thanks and shadow and attached these to the card.  The sentiment was then added to complete the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment