Pages

Monday, September 1, 2014

One Stencil, Different Techniques

I recently purchased several Heidi Swapp stencils.  I tried three different techniques with the stencils to see which looks I liked, and liked doing.



For the first one (Blue on Blue), I created a background using several different colors of Pan Pastels, then using the template I applied Versamark,  I then went over the entire image with the lightest color of Pan Pastels. This created a soft background.

For the second one (pinks and reds) I simply used the stencil and applied several different Distressed Inks with a Mini Blending tool.  This was the easiest, and I liked the result, although it was a bit flat.

The third one (white and blues), using the template, I applied Versamark, and then embossed with white embossing powder.  I then used several colors of Distressed Ink.  While I liked this one the best, it was not as easy to create, and for a background, I don't think I would use this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment