Pages

Monday, November 2, 2015

Playing with Pan Pastels

So, the other day, I decided to play a bit with my Pan Pastels. This is the card I ended up making, which was not at all what I had originally had in mind! 




I was thinking of making a Christmas card, with a gold Pan Pastel background. I wanted a solid gold, but instead ended up with a shimmery gold.  So then I decided to cover it with green.  But I still wanted a gold element, so I tried stenciling some stars with gold Pan Pastels.  That didn't work either.  I ended up just blending the gold into the green.  Finally, I tried stamping with Versmark, and then lightly adding a brown (actually Orange Extra Dark) to the stamped image, and lightly blending it into the green,  Although it doesn't show in the photograph, I was able to add a gold shimmer, by adding some Gold Pssst Sheer Shimmer.  The image was then trimmed and matted.  Ribbon was added before adding it to the card base.

Supplies used:
  • Stampin' Up Lovely as a Tree stamp set
  • Versmark
  • Pssst Sheer Shimmer Gold
  • Pan Pastels 280.1 Orange Extra Dark, 640.3 Permanent Green Shade, 911.5 Rich Gold

No comments:

Post a Comment