Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Watercolor cards (Day 1)

I finally decided that I needed to learn more about how to use watercolors when making cards.  I signed up for a class at Online Card Classes.  The class I chose was 'Watercolor for Card Makers'. The class is an independent class.  I decided that I would do each of the techniques, and finish the cards in a similar manner to what was shown.  This would provide me the opportunity to try many different watercolor techniques, and would push me to make cards in a style that is not what I would normally do.

Here are my versions of the cards from Day 1 of the class.  I won't go into specific of how the cards were made (for this you should take the class), but will provide the supplies I used.  Day 1 classes were about watercolor backgrounds.

Card 1:

Card 2:

Card 3:

For the first card I used:
  • Kuretake watercolors: #139, #64
  • Tim Holtz Stencil: Latticework THS019
  • Close to My Heart Joyful Birthday Occasions
  • Memento Lulu Lavendar
  • Ribbon
For the second card I used:
  • Distress Ink: Picked Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Peacock Feathers
  • Simon Says Birthday Celebration Stamp Set
  • Versamark
  • Stampendous Detail White Embossing Powder (if I were to make this card again, I would chose a darker color embossing folder)
For the third card I used:
  • Kuretake Watercolors: #43, #30, #139, #64
  • Zing Clear Embossing Powder
  • Penny Black Allover Pattern background stamp
  • Versamark
  • Mama Elephant Hand Lettered Thanks stamp set
  • Pretty Pink Posh Sugar Plum Sequins


No comments:

Post a Comment