Pages

Monday, December 6, 2021

BKRS Horse and Sleigh Christmas Card

When I saw the Horse and Sleigh stamp set from Blue Knight Rubber Stamps I immediately knew how I wanted to use it! The design I had in mind is perfect for mass producing cards, which is helpful  when lots of cards are needed.  The Horse and Sleigh stamp set contains the same image in three different sizes.  The medium size was perfect for the card:


I used the following for the card:

  • Blue Knight Rubber Stamps - Horse and Sleigh stamp set
  • VersaFine Black Onyx Ink
  • Distress Oxide Ink - Salted Ocean, Prize Ribbon
  • Gina K - Complements of the Season stamp set
  • Gina K - Master Layouts 1
  • Perfect Pearls - Perfect Pearl 
  • White Gel Pen
To make the card the card I masked the bottom and top portions of a piece of white card stock leaving the unmasked area large enough for the stamp.  Into the unmasked area I blended the Distress Oxide Inks keeping the lighter color toward the top.  Perfect Pearl was mixed with water in a small mister, and the inked area was misted with this combination, resulting in a slight glimmer in the inked area.  Once dry, the masks were removed and the image stamped.  A little bit of white was added with the gel pen.  This panel was then cut with Master Layouts 1 (along with a black mat using the associated die),  The panel was added to the mat and the entire piece added to a card base.  I then found the perfect sentiment for the card from a Gina K stamp set.  This was stamped in the upper corner to complete the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment