Pages

Monday, December 13, 2021

Combining Blue Knight Rubber Stamps sets and creating backgrounds

I decided to create backgrounds for a Blue Knight Rubber Stamp - Seasonal Woodland.  For one card, I used Distress Inks, for the other Pan Pastels.  I definitely liked creating the background with Pan Pastels better, I was able to work with them and until I got the look I liked.  I liked the  Distress Ink background but it was harder to add and move the color.

I also decided that just the Seasonal Woodland stamp wasn't enough!  So I added the Horse and Sleigh stamp.  Here are the cards I made (the Pan Pastel background is the lighter one):

 




I used the following for the cards:

  • A variety of Pan Pastels or a variety of Distess Inks
  • Blue Knight Rubber Stamps - Horse and Sleigh stamp set
  • Blue Knight Rubber Stamps - Seasonal Woodland stamp set
  • White Gel pen
  • VersaFine Onyx Black Ink
  • VersaMark
  • Stampendous Detail White Embossing Powder
  • Gina K - Sentimental Holiday Stamp Set
  • Gina K - Master Layouts 1
To make the cards, I created the sky background for one card using Pan Pastels and for the other Distress Ink.  I then stamped the Seasonal Woodland Stamp with VersaFine Onyx Black ink.  The image was then cut with the Gina K Master Layouts 1 die (and the associated black mat was cut).  The Horse and Sleigh was then added to the cards using the VersaFine Onyx Black Ink.  The grassy area was then colored.  I used a white gel pen to add a bit of fallen snow. The sentiment was stamped with VersaMark, embossing powder added and heat set.  The image was then matted with black and added to the card base to complete the cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment