Pages

Monday, December 1, 2014

Christmas Cards 2014 - Card 1

Here is the first of the Christmas Cards I made this year. I made several of these cards, using different colored card stock, embossing powders, and Pan Pastels.

For these cards I used:

  • Stampendous Detailed White Embossing Powder
  • Stampendous Detailed Gold Embossing Powder
  • Pan Pastels 930.5 Bronze
  • Pan Pastels 920.5 Silver
  • Stampendous Delicate Snowflakes
  • Stampendous Delicate Snowflakes dies
  • Versamark
  • Gina K Designs Let it Snow stamp set
  • Elizabeth Craft Designs Stand Up Helper Set 2
  • Silver Glitter Lines 7020
  • Recollections background stamp



To make these cards, I stamped the largest snowflake from the Detailed Snowflakes stamp set and the sentiment with Versamark.  I added Detailed Gold Embossing Powder and heat set.


Like the previous cards, I stamped the snowflake and sentiment with Versamark.  I then used Bronze Pan Pastels and covered the card.  Pan Pastels sticks to Versamark more than to the card base (there is a shimmer to the background that can't be seen in the photo.  I then sealed the Pan Pastels.  There is a slight difference between the card using Pan Pastels and Embossing Powder.


The Pan Pastels card has a much flatter appearance.  Here is a sample of both side by side with the Embossing Powder on the left and the Pan Pastels on the Right).

For the next version of the card, I stamped the snowflake and sentiment with Versamark, the added Detailed White embossing powder and heat set.   I used the Stand Up Helper Snowflake and the Silver Glitter lines to complete this card.


For the last version of the card, I stamped only the snowflake with Versamark, added detailed white embossing powder and heat set.  I then cut out the snowflake with the coordinating die.  For the background, I stamped the Recollections stamp with Versamark on white card stock.  I then covered the card stock with Silver Pan Pastels.  The Pan Pastels "sticks" to the Versamark and leaves a slight shimmer to the rest of the card stock.  The white embossed snowflake was added to finish the card. 


No comments:

Post a Comment