Pages

Monday, August 8, 2016

Fathers Day Cards

Fathers day snuck up on me this year, and I needed to make some quick cards!  I decided to use a technique I previously used, and based on one I saw on a Jennifer McGuire blog post.  You can see my original cards here.  Unfortunately, I mailed most before I took a picture.



To make the card I used:

  • Distress Ink - Tumbled Glass, Broken China Peacock Feathers
  • Perfect Pearls - Perfect Pearl
  • We are Memory Keepers Next Level Embossing Folders - Geometric
  • CTMH Framed Stamp of the Month Stamp set
  • Versfine Black Onyx Ink
  • Zing Clear Embossing Powder

To make the card:
  1. Mask the edges of 4.25  x 5.5 of white card stock (I used Neenah Solar White 80lb).  
  2. In the center area, starting with the lightest color, I sponged on the distress ink, then added the darker color blending well.
  3. Perfect pearls was then added on top of the distress ink.
  4. The masking tape was removed, and the card stock trimmed slightly.
  5. I then stamped the sentiment with the Black Versfine ink in the center of the distress ink area. Clear embossing powder was added and heat set.
  6. The piece was then embossed using the embossing folder and added to the card base

No comments:

Post a Comment