Pages

Monday, June 26, 2017

Art Impressions Lazy Boy

Here is a card I made for my dad's birthday.


My dad take naps in his Lazy Boy chair, and loves potato chips!  As soon as I saw this stamp set, I knew I had to get it and use it for my dad's birthday card.  In my parents house, there is a large quilt hanging on the wall.  I used a quilt stamp to mimic that for this card.

To make the card, I used:

  • Art Impressions Lazy Boy Set 4159
  • Copic Markers
  • Prismacolor Pencils
  • Purple Daisy Designs - Tulip Bouquet Quilt Q 2262
  • Impression Obsession - Wooden Plank CC172
  • Memento Ink - Tuxedo Black, Rich Cocoa, Desert Sand
  • Lawn Fawndementals Ink - Hippo

I first stamped the Art Impressions stamp with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.  The image was colored with various colored Copic Markers.  The image was then fussy cut.  For the background, I stamped the Wooden Plank on the bottom portion of the card with Rich Cocoa.  I then sponged the same ink over the stamped area.  The quilt was then stamped using the Lawn Fawndementals Ink on the top left of the card, and colored with Prismacolor pencils.  The "wall" was also colored with Prismacolor Pencils.  I then lightly sponged Desert Sand Ink on a strip of paper, and added the sentiment. The sentiment was then added to the bottom of the card.  The main image added next.  The entire piece was matted with black paper and added to the card base.

Challenges entered: Art Impressions Create A Background

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I love that you "hung" the quilt in the background! Thanks for joining us at Art Impressions!

    ReplyDelete