Pages

Monday, June 15, 2020

Fathers Day Cards using the Gina K Carved Wood technique

When I saw the Carved Wood technique on one of the Gina K Stamp and Chat videos, I knew I needed to try it for myself.  I also figured it would lend itself to masculine cards.

This technique involves embossing a stencil, adding the score lines (for the wood planks) and using using ink pads to create the wood grain.  The biggest problem I had with this technique was choosing which side to use for the card! Here are the front and back of the two pieces I made:



I ended up using the front for both cards I made.



I used the following to make the "Car" card:
  • Crafters Workshop - Mini Gears Stencil
  • Gina K Ink - Soft Stone, Stormy Sky, Slate, Charcoal Brown
  • Tim Holtz - Here & There Stamp Set
  • Gina K - By the Sea 2 (for the sentiment)
  • Gina K - Single Stitched Oval Dies
  • Gina K - Charcoal Brown Card Stock
  • Twine
For the second card I used:
  • TWC - Mini Climbing Vine Stencil
  • Gina K Ink - Warm Cocoa Dark Chocolate, Soft Stone and a touch of Sea Glass
  • Gina K - Vertical Greetings & Things, and By The Sea 2 Stamp Sets
  • Gina K - Charcoal Brown Card Stock



No comments:

Post a Comment