Pages

Monday, June 21, 2021

Happy Dads Day!

I've had this idea for a while - to create a wood grained background, and then use a stencil over it.  I gave it a shot for the card I made for my Dad.  Here is the card:


I used the following for the card:

  • Gina K Ink - Warm Cocoa, Fark Chocolate, Charcoal Brown, Tranquil Teal, White Pigment
  • Altenew - Leaf Burst Stencil
  • Hero Arts - Fathers Day stamp set
  • Gina K - Mater Layouts 2 and 3
To make the card, I first created the wood grained background.  This is based on a technique that Gina K has shown in several videos.  Kraft card stock was cut using one of the Master Layout 2 dies (the mat was cut using the associated die).  This was then scored every 1/2 inch.  The ink pads were dragged down the scored panel to create the wood grain.  Blue was added lightly to give an aged appearance.  The stencil was placed in the upper corner and using a sponge dauber the white ink added.  Once dry, the panel was added to the mat, and then to a Kraft card base. Using Master Layouts 3, a circle and associated mat were cut.  The sentiment was stamped, the two pieces attached together, and added to card.

No comments:

Post a Comment