Pages

Monday, August 28, 2023

A lilac sunflower? Of course!

Does a sunflower need to be yellow?  I don't think so! Even though the stencil used is called Spectacular Sunflower, I think it could be any type of flower and therefore any color.

To make the card I used:
  • Gina K Designs - Spectacular Sunflower Stencil
  • Gina K Designs - Master Layout 1
  • Gina K Designs - Which Stamp set
  • Gina K Designs - Happy and Shadow dies
  • Gina K Designs - Light Lilac, Medium Lilac, Sandy Beach, Kraft, Black Onyx Inks
To make the card, I used the stencil, ink and blending brushes to create the Sunflower.  Since the Sunflower is a layered stencil, I started with the lighter inks, and moved to the darker inks.  The flower was then cut with ML 1, along with the black mat.  These were then added to a white card base.  Since I wanted the word 'happy' to match the flower, I added some Light Lilac to white paper using a blending brush and then cut the 'happy' word die from it.  The shadow for the word was cut from black card stock.  These were then added to the card.  The word Birthday was stamped below the Happy to complete the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment