Pages

Monday, July 6, 2015

Christmas in July with MFT Quilt Square Cover Up

Last Christmas I got the die-namics quilt square cover up as a Christmas gift.  I finally was able to have the time to use it, and figured Christmas Cards would be a good use!  I was also able to use some vintage buttons from RosiesButtons.

Here are the cards I made using the die:

And some closeups:



I used the following to make the cards:

  • My Favorite Things - Quilt Square Cover-up
  • Gina K Simply Snowflakes Stamp Set
  • Versamark
  • Stampendous Detailed Gold Embossing Powder
  • Various Buttons from RosiesButtons
  • Kreinik #16 Braid 002HL
To make the card, I first cut several different patterned papers and solids using the Quilt Square Cover-up.  I then cut a square out of white card stock slightly smaller than the outline of the Quilt Square.  Double sided tape was added all over the white base,


The outline for the quilt was added to the base.


I then started adding the patterned papers.  I did this for all the different variations.  


To finish the card, I added the quilt square to the card base, near the top of the card.  The sentiment is from the Gina K. Simple Snowflakes stamp set.  This was stamped in Versamark, the Gold embossing powder was added, and heat set.  I then raided my needlepoint stash for some Kreinik braid, which was tied through the button.  The buttons were then added to the front of the card to finish the card.



3 comments:

  1. Love your cards! I just purchased this die and I was wondering what size is your card base? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete