Pages

Monday, July 20, 2015

MFT Quilt Square Cover-up with Glitter

I really like the MFT Quilt Square Cover-up die, and I really like glitter.  So I had to use both for this card.


I used the following to make the card:
  • MFT Quilt Square Cover-up die
  • Glitter Ritz Micro-fine Glitter in Pink, Lilac, Silver, Merlot
  • Sookwang Tape
  • Versamark
  • Stampendous Detailed Silver Embossing Powder
  • CTMH Joyful Birthday Occasions

To make the card, I added the Sookwang tape to white card card stock.  I wanted to cut the Quilt Square just so the tape cut, but not all the way through the card stock.  It took a few trials with my Cuttlebug to get the layers right for this, but for me it was the A plate, C Plate, card stock with the Sookwang tape (Tape side up), B plate.  What worked out great, for me, was that the edges cut all the way through, so there was no trimming.  

I then carefully pulled off the section where I wanted to add the first color of glitter.  


Glitter was added, the excess brushed off, and then burnished into the tape.


 I repeated the process for the remaining colors.


And here is the completed Quilt Square:


I then mounted the Quilt Square to the front of the card base.  The sentiment is from CTMH Joyful Birthday Occasions.  This was stamped with Versmark, the embossing powder added and heat set to complete the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment