Pages

Monday, July 27, 2015

Vintage Roses by Altenew took over my craft desk!

I really like the Vintage Roses stamps from Altenew.  The biggest problem I had with them was that I didn't have enough different colors o inks - at first.  To stamp these you need 3-4 different shades of similar colors.  It was a good reason to get some inks. 


 
Then the problem I had was that I stamped and cut so many of them, in a variety of colors.  They took over my craft desk.  So I needed to find a way of incorporating them into some cards.  I found a wonderful layout at:  http://heartshugsandflowers.blogspot.com/2015/07/marika-blue.html. So I used that as a basis for the cards that I made.



To make the cards I used:

  • Vintage Roses - Altenew - Stamps and Dies
  • Yellow Roses - Altenew Ink - Warm Sunshine, Butter Cream, Caramel Toffee, Paper Bag
  • Green Leaves - Altenew Ink - Evergreen, Forest Glade, Frayed Leaf
  • Pink Roses - Altenew Ink - Grape Vine, Ruby Red, Coral Berry, Frosty Pink
  • Purple Roses - Memento Ink - Lulu Lavender, Sweet Plum, Grape Jelly
  • Red Roses - Memento Ink - Rhubarb Stalk, Lady Bug.  Hero Arts Shadow Ink - Raspberry Jam 
  • Blue Roses - Memento Ink - Summer Sky Danube Blue (second generation stamping).  Ranger Dye Ink - Blue Ribbon
  • Stampendous Detailed White Embossing Powder
  • Versamark
  • CTMH - Happy Birthday Stamp
  • Unknown - Happy Anniversary
To make the cards, I added a 2" strip of either green or purple card stock to the bottom of a white card.  I then cut a 1" strip of black paper, and stamped the sentiment with Versamark to the right of the strip.  Detailed White embossing powder was added and heat set.  This strip was added to the card.  The flowers were then added to the card.

Here are some close up pictures of the cards:



 
          







No comments:

Post a Comment