Pages

Monday, May 3, 2021

Acrylic Block Backgrounds (Gina K)

After watching a Stamp and Chat video from Gina K on using Acrylic Block backgrounds, I decided to make a few cards using that technique. I was able to get two impressions from one inked background. Here are the cards I made:




For both cards I used:

  • Tombow Markers (I chose a bright Pink, Blue and Green)
  • An acrylic block
  • Watercolor paper
  • Gina K Master Layouts 2

For the first card (first impression):

  • Gina K Natural Silhouettes
  • Altenew Birthday Greetings

For the second card (second impression): 

  • Gina K Better Together
  • Close To My Heart Joyful Birthday Occasions

To make the cards, I colored on the back of an acrylic block with the Tombow markers, and then spritzed it with a bit of water.  I quickly stamped this on a piece of watercolor paper.  When I picked up the block, I noticed there was still ink on it, so I spritzed it again, and stamped it on another piece of watercolor paper.  Once both pieces were dry, I cut them with Master Layouts 2, as well as a mat from black paper.  These pieces were then used as the backgrounds for the cards.  I stamped the images on the backgrounds as well as the sentiments.  The background was added to the black mat, and the entire piece added to the card base to complete the cards.




No comments:

Post a Comment