Pages

Monday, May 31, 2021

Rainbow Birthday Card

I've been using my Gansi Tambi watercolors a bit more these days.  I created a rainbow with some of the colors in my set, comparing how the colors look using different amounts of water.  Of course I had to make cards with my results!  And here they are:


I used the following for the cards:

  • Gansi Tambi Watercolors (I used  a red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple from the set)
  • Gina K - Master Layouts 1 and 2 die sets
  • Simon Says Stamp - Happy die
  • Altenew - Birthday Greetings stamp set
  • Gina K - Black Onyx Ink
To make the cards, I watercolored the stripes using the rainbow colors from the watercolors.  I first used just a minimum amount of water, and then repeated it using a very watered down watercolor.  These were both then cut using one of the Master Layouts 2 dies.  The mat was cut from dark blue paper using one of the Mater Layouts 1 dies.  The watercolor panel was attached to the mat. The 'happy' was cut using the same blue and the 'happy' background from white.  These were added to the watercolor panel.  'birthday' was stamped below the word happy.  The entire panel was then added to the card base complete the card.

No comments:

Post a Comment